Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment insights in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The Company offers an extensive line of products and services for individual investors, financial advisors, asset managers and owners, retirement plan providers and sponsors, and institutional investors in the debt and private capital markets. Morningstar provides data and research insights on a wide range of investment offerings, including managed investment products, publicly listed companies, private capital markets, debt securities, and realtime global market data.
Morningstar Off Campus Drive 2024 Details
|Associate Software Engineer
|0 – 3 Years
Job Description For Morningstar Recruitment 2024
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will work along with Quant Researchers, Data Scientists to support all Data engineering initiatives. This role requires exploring Microservices, Big Data and Batch Data pipelines for structured/unstructured data to help ingest massive amounts of data required for statistical, machine learning & AI model execution. This role requires interaction with business, data collections, Development teams across Data and Research. As an Associate Data Engineer, you would be keen to develop proficiency in Big data technologies and be comfortable programming in Python.
You are an individual who possesses strong technical skills, loves cloud technology, has good problem solving & consulting skills, and has an eye for picking up challenging opportunities. You also enjoy working with cross-functional technical teams on complex problems and are always looking to improve yourself and others around you.
- Build/ Support Data Engineering pipelines leveraging massive amounts of structured, unstructured financial/non-financial data.
- Research varied cloud/ AWS Tools (Microservices, Big Data & Batch Services) for building data pipelines to ingest massive amounts of big data.
- Program Python, SQL queries to support varied data pipeline requests.
- Support/ build data-marts (SQL/NoSQL) to support various dashboarding needs.
- Interacting with cross-functional business and technical teams for Building Data Dictionaries.
- Effectively communicate with data and technical team to understand the requirement and gain the knowledge about integrating varied data types.
- Create and track issues and validate to completion.
- Knowledge of programming experience in Python(Pandas/ Numpy) and OOPS principles.
- Good knowledge of SQL/NoSQL (preferred)databases.
- Knowledge of Hadoop stack is preferred (SQOOP, HDFS, Hive, Spark).
- Good knowledge of software engineering practices.
- BS degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of AWS ecosystem (Lambda, EC2, RDS, EMR, Athena, Glue)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting.
- Familiarity with mutual fund, fixed income, and equity data is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity for the world of quantitative research
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
Morningstar Off Campus Drive 2024 Application Process
- Eligible candidates are advised to open online Apply Link ( Link given bellow).
- This link will open on new tab on your browser
- Read carefully above job description and double click to apply online
- Fill all your academic qualification, skill experience and other mandatory details.
- Upload your resume.
- Check the details before submitting.
- If you are shortlisted, details will be shared through e-mail or phone call
- interview and Venue details also will be shared to shortlisted candidates through e-mail.
- Note : Apply the job before link Expires
We wish you the best of luck in your Morningstar Off Campus Drive. May your talents shine, and may you find the perfect opportunity that not only meets your professional goals but also brings joy to your everyday work.