We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely and more cost effectively than any other company. We’re also the publishers of Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000+ contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others’. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation.
Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers.
Canonical Off Campus Drive 2024 Details
|Field Software Engineer
|Bangalore, Delhi/ Remote
|0 – 1 Years
Job Description For Canonical Recruitment 2024
Help global companies embrace the latest private cloud infrastructure, Linux and cloud native operations, and open source applications. Our team applies expert insights to real-world customer problems, enabling the enterprise adoption of Linux Ubuntu, OpenStack, Kubernetes and a wide range of associated technology.
This role has very diverse responsibilities. The team members are Linux and cloud solutions architects for our customers, designing private and public cloud solutions fitting their workload needs. They are the cloud consultants who work hands-on with the technologies by deploying, testing and handing over the solution to our support or managed services team at the end of a project. They are also software engineers who use Python to develop Kubernetes operators and Linux open source infrastructure-as-code.
The people who love this role are developers who like to solve customer problems through architecture, presentations and training.
Location: This role will be based remotely in India (preferably in New Delhi or Bangalore area)
What your day will look like
- Work across the entire Linux stack, from kernel, networking, storage, to applications
- Work in Python to develop and deliver open source code
- Architect cloud infrastructure solutions like OpenStack, Kubernetes, Ceph, Hadoop and Spark either On-Premises or in Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Coach and develop your colleagues where you have insights
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Work from the comfort of your home
- Global travel up to 25% of time for internal and external events
What we are looking for in you
- University degree in Computer Science or related software engineering expertise
- You have sound knowledge of cloud computing concepts & technologies, such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- You have practical knowledge of Linux and networking
- You have Intermediate to Advanced level of Python programming skills
- You are a dynamic person who loves to jump in new projects and interact with people
- You have a demonstrated drive for continual learning
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (English)
- You have great organisational skills and follow-up reliably on commitments
- Willingness to travel up to 4 times a year for internal events
Canonical Off Campus Drive 2024 Application Process
- Eligible candidates are advised to open online Apply Link ( Link given bellow).
- This link will open on new tab on your browser
- Read carefully above job description and double click to apply online
- Fill all your academic qualification, skill experience and other mandatory details.
- Upload your resume.
- Check the details before submitting.
- If you are shortlisted, details will be shared through e-mail or phone call
- interview and Venue details also will be shared to shortlisted candidates through e-mail.
- Note : Apply the job before link Expires
We wish you the best of luck in your Canonical Off Campus Drive. May your talents shine, and may you find the perfect opportunity that not only meets your professional goals but also brings joy to your everyday work.